The Special Project for September

This challenge is all about colour.  Last month we traded labels etc and here are the rules.

1. YOU MUST use the colours on the label you picked.

2. YOU CAN add one other colour that is not on the label if you choose to.

3. IF YOU HATE your label or didn't pick a label you may find your own label and use it.

Each month from now until September I will do a special blog post for this special project.  I will add to this post each month so you may need to search for it and I will try and update it at the first of each month (I'm late this month)  before the next months post so there is no confusion.  These blogs will show my progress with the quilt (or whatever) I am making for the challenge.   Hopefully this will encourage you to get busy on your project.

March

 I want to talk about colour.

There are so many ways you can choose your fabric for this project. I plan to use SHADES of the colours, blue, purple, black and white... Here's my label...




The first step for me was to see what colours I could use that were similar to this label and shades of that colour that I will be able to incorporate into my project. So off to home hardware I went.  It's hard to see in this picture but the dark colours are pretty close to the colours on this Scotties tab... but the shades are amazing.   So Over the next few weeks I will be looking for more of these shades of my colours in my stash and I may even have to go shopping...Hahaha!


Other ways of finding colours that might match are through Colour programs.  I recently purchased the colour Catalog by Sarah Renae Clark https://sarahrenaeclark.com/color-palettes/. I love her many colourful pictures and I looked for a picture with the Mulberry and blue to see what would be nice to add to it (since black and white aren't really colours). here's the colour picture I choose from the collection... 
 So yummy and I have to say, I love the mountains and those pretty flowers... so maybe I'll add a green to my project.  I'll Have to see what I have...

So here are my colours for my project.... Dark Blue, a Mulberry, a Green.... (Back to the paint store for a colour chip), and black and white.... 

I'm ready to find fabric.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

November 2023 - Half Square Triangles

Paper Piecing - Sue's way or Gail's way...